Lucas's Writing Portfolio

Current Publishing 

During our poetry unit, we had the privilege to collaborate with graphic design students from the University of Tennessee Knoxville. Each graphic designer set out to design forms and distribute our poems in unique ways that addressed the central message of each poem. Below you can see my poem’s design by Martha. Enjoy! 

Previous Publishings

Copy of Luke

As a class we recently finished reading the Gold Cadillac by Mildred D. Taylor. This book tells the story of a Black family during the 1950’s during the civil rights movement. These diaries were written by students from the perspective of one member of this family, either ‘lois, the youngest daughter, father, or mother as the family faces discrimination, segregation, and racism. 

Christina, Luke, Mckenzie.pptx
Lucas Correia - Informational Writing.pptx

I Visited My Grandma’s House

One day I said to my mom, ”Can I go to grandma’s house?” 

My mom said, ”maybe”, so we called my grandma.

”Yes”, my grandma replied.

Then we called my dad and he said”yes.”

I was so excited that I can see my grandma’s new house. So I packed my stuff. Then me and my mom drove to Fall River. I was playing call of duty mobile on my mom’s phone. 

When I got there I gave a hug to my grandma and I gave a high five to my godfather. Then I went to the living room and I said” WOW I love this PLACE”.

 So I sat on the couch and I said” GODFATHER” then he came.

 He said”yes?”

 Then I said “can you put on YouTube?”

My godfather said, “ what do you say?” 

I said “ please” 

he said “ok”. So he put on Youtube. Then I put on a youtuber named SV2. Then my mom gave me a hug. Then my mom left. 

My grandma said “There are kids upstairs on the second floor” and it turned out to be my cousins. I played cops and robbers with them. Their names are Christian and Sophia. Then me and Christian wrestle and I won. Then my grandma called us to eat. I ate bread with butter and a banana. After that, we went outside and played tag, then played soccer. Then Christian and Sophia went back upstairs to the second floor. Then I put on my PJs then I went to bed. The next day I ate eggs for breakfast then I watched YouTube until 12:30 for me to play with Christian and Sophia. 

Then it was 12:35 and I said to grandma “Can Christian and Sophia come down?” My grandma said “lets see.” So my grandma called their mother and she said “yes.” Then I played with Christian and we wrestled again. After that we played family. Then I played on Christian’s Xbox. I played Fortnite on it. Then I played wrestling with Christian until my mom came to pick me up. Then my mom came so I got ready to leave.

Then we went to the car and I said “When can I come again?”

My mom said I don't know.”

Then I said “Maybe in 2 weeks.”

My mom said “Maybe.” Then I went to my house and I played Fortnite, I told my dad about my grandma’s new house.

Why I Was In The Hospital

One day I was watching YouTube and all of a sudden I got a bellyache and it hurt really bad and I had to wait for 4 hours for mom to get back home from work. It's the next day my mom went to work and after 3 hours it hurted again and every hour it got worse and worse and worse and I couldn't move. Then I went to the walk in and they thought it was a strep throat and did a test and said I didn’t have it and told me to go to the hospital fast. Then I went to the St. Luke’s Hospital and they gave me medicine for gas pain. Then went back home. I went back to St. Luke’s Hospital in the morning, then I had to take labs,then I cried because it hurt. They told my mom to pick a kids hospital because they couldn’t do a lot of things there. Then I was in the back of an ambulance and it was really fun.Then I took a scan. Then they said”I need surgery”.I felt terrified because I never had surgery.then they brought me in a room then someone else needed the room,then they brought me into another room with another person.Then, they put me in another private room. I stayed there for one day. At 8 o’clock the doctors brought me to the surgery room. I was on the hospital bed. They gave me a sleeping shot and then they made marks on my belly. Then they cut my belly up, but I was asleep. When I woke up  I felt in pain. My mom and dad were there also.For one more day I walked around the hospital. It was time for me to leave the hospital and my dad came to pick me up also they put me in a wheelchair.